- Browse by category
Letterpress Printer (Arlington, VA)
Haute Papier, a Couture Stationery Design & Letterpress Print Studio located in Arlington, Virginia is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of Letterpress Printer.
Our Letterpress Printers must believe in creating a “cared for” customer atmosphere all while delivering exceptional attention to fulfilling store orders. We are seeking a detail and customer-oriented individual for this immediate, full-time opening. The perfect candidate will have a background in letterpress printing.
• Operating and maintaining a fleet of letterpress & foil printers including C&Ps and Windmills
• Operating and maintaining automatic cutting machines
• Custom ink mixing
• Assisting with production/fulfillment of all customer orders
• Coordinating daily letterpress logistics
• Timely and professional inter-office communication
• Conducting a weekly letterpress supply inventory
• Facilitating letterpress supply ordering as needed
• Working with other departments to successfully resolve customer service issues
• Organizing, updating and maintaining internal documents and databases
• Bachelor’s Degree in printmaking or equivalent experience
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in letterpress printing, preferably in stationery, gift or luxury products
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Experience with foil stamping
• Experience with photo-polymer plates
• Strong experience in MS Excel and Mac OSX.
• Demonstrates sound business judgment and decision-making
• Excellent communication skills
• Desire to create a “cared for” customer atmosphere
• Team player, yet result-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Problem solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
• Ability to identify areas of continuous improvement and make recommendations and/or implement solutions
• Quality focus to provide for a cohesive, productive unit dedicated to the achievement of the company and department goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to properly categorize, file and archive project files and orders
• Ability to deal professionally with many people both within and outside the Company
• Ability to interact effectively in high stress situations
• This is a full-time, hourly position that we are looking to fill immediately.
• Hourly compensation is based on previous experience, but ranges from $11-18.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume and cover letter, which can be sent to [email protected]. No phone calls please.