Help ID a chase

I picked these up last weekend and was wondering if anyone can tell me what press they are for. I have two that appear to be identical.
Inside dimensions 6x9
Outside dimensions 7 5/8 x 10 5/8


image: photo (1).JPG

photo (1).JPG

image: photo (2).JPG

photo (2).JPG

image: photo (3).JPG

photo (3).JPG

Log in to reply   1 reply so far

Looks like a common proofing chase to me, no cutouts or angled edge at top or bottom.
Will lock up on a flat-bed press or use on a book press to take prints.