crash printing

Crash Printing
A printing process, such as letterpress, using hard type and heavy impressioning to create an image on the top sheet of a multiple part form, which will transfer through to the other parts. Part 1 is printed with ink and the image on the other parts is transferred by the use of carbon between each part or carbonless paper.

Log in to reply   1 reply so far

hello mike: thanks i heard the term again. we do “crash printing” when we print multi-part glued sets of NCR paper. the impact on the top sheet cause a “print” unto the other sheets on the set. yeah, you right it is indeed a “crash”