Dotted line rule?

I am working on a project that needs about 20” of dotted line (actually dashed line) rule. I’ve formerly used polymer when I needed dotted lines, but find the more I print, the more I want to use just metal. Where can I procure some? Thanks for any suggestions.

Log in to reply   2 replies so far

Strip material in the form of dotted rule can be cast on Monotype material maker, but not on the more common Elrod. M&H Type is one house that can supply this.
30-pica lengths can be cast on the Linotype or Intertype usng border slides.

you can buy it for hand type, i think i have it for the ludlow, i’ll cast you some if you want, we can ship it to you or take a ride, i’m not too far from you. Dick G.