Tape on trucks?

Is there a specific kind of tape used to tape up the trucks on a C&P table top press?

image: C&P.jpg


Log in to reply   7 replies so far

I always used electrical tape, it lasts a long time.

Vinyl tape from your stationery/office supply store works well also.

I always use foil tape which is the same stuff used to hold HVAC duct. Its metal, and super stick and strong.


I use masking tape from the 99 cent store, works great, price is right.

Technically speaking the recommended tape for taping rails and trucks is Ultra-high-molecular-weight (UHMW) tape that’s available from NA Graphics and other vendors. For most tabletop applications, though, masking tape or the other recommendations above should be perfectly fine.

Hope this helps,

There’s a seemingly easy-to-fix-yet-impossible-to-fix bug in Briar Press that causes it to choke on any uploaded image with a ‘&’ in the url. The image from the first post can be viewed here:


Thanks for all of the input. The recommendations really helped.