Identify Quoins?

I’m trying to identify these solid metal furniture. Are these quoins? I’m not sure how they are used. I got them at an auction then cleaned them up. The screws turn but how do they expand? Can anyone shed some light on these. They all are stamped: Morgan Wilcox Co. Middletown NY, Pat. June 20, 1916. Thanks

image: Wilcox_koins.jpg


image: Wilcox_koinsline.jpg


image: Wilcox_Pat1916.jpg


Log in to reply   1 reply so far

You use a pin wrench to turn the screws, and as they move out, they bear against whatever furniture or chase they contact. Same idea as a Rouse or Challenge register quoin, but built into furniture.
I have one odd piece of this but I don’t think it was stamped with length.