Kelsey SD368 What is it ?

This looks to be some sort of book or maybe paper holder? Anyone have an idea what it could be? For some reason I can’t upload a photo.

Log in to reply   1 reply so far

What you describe sounds like a padding trough that was sold by Kelsey to stack up sheets to be padded. The trough would hold the sheets, then a clamp would be used to put pressure on the ends of the stack. Then the stack would be removed and padding compound would be brushed on the smoothly-jogged edge.

Does it look like the one pictured in this catalog page from the 1948 catalog (look at column labelled “Padding”);

John Henry
Cedar Creek Press