Hot stamping? Linotype? I’m clueless.

Another completely newbie question. I’ve been scouring Google for a name for these, but can’t latch on to the correct term. The printer these came from made rubber stamps and I suspect these were used for that, but don’t really know. I want to post them on ebay, but have no clue how to list them. Do people still make rubber stamps the old fashioned way? I really am clueless about all of this stuff. I thought all of the letterpress metal type was outdated and worthless too, until I found this site.

Log in to reply   1 reply so far

It is a Ludlow slug. Sometimes they are cast from custom matrices rather than standard Ludlow mats, especially in the rubber stamp area.